Noah's Birthday countdown

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley
Longhorns Steakhouse

Saturday, March 15, 2008

We Got the Call !!!!!!

Today we finally got that oh so waited phone call from our adoption agency saying "Are you ready to go get Noah?"I was speechless, yes me Leslie speechless and that soon passed as I filled her ear with 101 questions. Our travel dates are: Sunday March 22, 2008 we will board our flight in Birmingham at 1:00 pm. We have a connecting flight in Atlanta with only 50 minutes in between. Then, we're off to Moscow by Sunday afternoon around 4:00. It should take us about 11 hours or so to get there (just like last time).We will then be staying overnight in Moscow and boarding our next flight on Monday at 7:00pm (11:00am in the us).The flight to Vladivostok should take about another 11 hours, and we will land in Vlad on Tuesday, March 26, 2008.Wednesday we will be able to go visit Noah again, I can't wait. Thursday is the day we are going to court, when we walk out of the court room we will be going straight to pick up Noah !!!!
We will then begin our 10 day wait in Vlad with Noah, the Judge can waive this if he or she chooses but we can't count on that to happen. April the 10,08 we will fly from Vlad back to Moscow, We will have a Medical appt for Noah on our second day in Moscow. The third day in Moscow we will go to our interview at the Embassy. After that is done we will ship out on April 15, 2008 coming back home. This may change a little but the dates are firm. I hope I have not forgotten to tell you anything but we will be talking to everyone before we leave for good. It is so hard for me to believe that one week from Thursday Noah we be with us the rest of our lives. We wanted to let everyone know that the prayers were all answered, I have always believed heavily in prayer, but anyone who ever doubts the power of prayer should read our adoption story. I also think that Noah was to be our child, from the beginning, from the minute he was born. I think God special picked us for Noah's parents too. As angry and full of hate as I was when I heard how our child was abandoned by his "birth person"I'm also very grateful that his birth person was able to bring Noah into the world. I plan to always tell Noah about Vladivostok and as much of his past that he would like to know, but at the same time telling him how grateful we are that he was born to be in our family and we just had to take the long way around to meet.
If any of you are wondering why I use the term "Birth person" it's because I do not believe that his biological mother has any right to use the term mom, mother, birth mom or any other terms on endearment. Some of you may think that I am being cruel to take that title away from a mother but in my eyes you earn that name, by loving, caring, feeding, bathing and so on for you child. I just don't believe she was ever any of those things for him. Well that's enough about all of that, if you have any questions about our trip or just anything else please don't hesitate to leave a message on the blog or go to our Yahoo e-mail and leave us a note. Thanks for taking the time to read our blog and I promise to blog soon, especially while we are gone to Russia.

No comments: