Noah's Birthday countdown

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley
Longhorns Steakhouse

Saturday, March 15, 2008

7 days to go.

I had totally forgotten how crazy it was getting ready for our first trip until today. I woke up and hit the floor at 100 mph this morning. We have been packing for Noah all day, why didn't anyone tell us how much stuff we needed for a two year old? Ha Ha, He has more things that need to be packed than we ever did. We finally narrowed down the number of clothes to take for him, that was really hared for me but for some odd reason Josh was willing to lighten the suitcase. I just wasn't sure if I had enough cold weather clothes, sleeping clothes, toys, blankets, etc. We can buy anything that we need in Russia, but it's just so expensive there, but if we take it with us we are carrying way too much. We are really packing light this time around because we know once we head home we're not going to realize how much different everything is going to be. Josh said, " I know what's going to happen. I'm going to end up pulling 4 suitcases through the two biggest airports in the world and here you'll come pushing the stroller with Noah and the diaper bag on your shoulder screaming I can't keep up , slow down." So, long story long-we are packing light.

We purchased out plane tickets yesterday so there is no turning back. I thought it was so cute that Noah's ticket actually said "Noah James Housley". That's the first time it has been recognized as his new name. I know, it's awesome right!! I will be blogging throughout this upcoming week so please check back in a day or two for a new update.

No comments: