Noah's Birthday countdown

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley
Longhorns Steakhouse

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Noah is such a big boy now.

We just got back from seeing Noah. It was amazung to see how much he has grown in 5 months. He still looks the same in the face but his hair is a little darker and longer.He still looks like Josh though. They brought him in the same small room that we were in the last time we were here and when he walked in I grabbed in and he just held around my neck so tight that all I could do was tell him that mamma was back and never leaving him again. When I held him it was so perfect, it was exacltly what I imagined it would be and more.God definatly knew what he was doing when he led us to Noah!!!!
It was snowing while we were visiting him and we were letting him look outside of the window, they asked him if he wanted to go outside and he said NO. I figured he knew how cold it was. We were able to try severl outfits on him to make sure everything would fit . His snow shoes and boots fit like a glove. All of the clothes that we tried on him fit, so we were very happy that we don't have to go bey anymore clothes for him. He saw the snow boots in my bag and started taking his shoes off by himself and sat in my lap to get his new shoes on, he is sooo funny. He also can undress himsself and almost redress with a little help from mamma. He called us mamma and daddy the whole time this time so I guess they have been working with him. They also told us that he has been going to speach class and is doing very good. He is still a neat freak but i imagine that will change soon.
Our court time is at 9:30 am on Friday and we will leave there after an hour or so and go pick up Noah for good.Yeah!!! We are going to have to stop on the way to get him to pick up some diapers and some of his favorite foods although he's not very picky, they said that's called orphanage syndrome-they will eat whatever they are given. The social worker at the orphanage said that he is potty trained as long as you take him to the potty 5 times a day and let him sit there, he will not tell you when he needs to go and that's why they left him in diapers. I will be buying him pullups and working with him even more.
As far as the cis paper is concerned , It did come in the mail the day after we left for our trip and my best friend got it out of the mail and overnighted it to our agency.She will then send it to the Moscow Embasssy so it will be there and ready for us when we get back to Moscow.
We will blog shortly after we get Noah to the Hotel with us and let you all know that everything is ok.
Love you all , we'll talk later

6 comments:

Amy said...

AWWWWWWWWW!! He called you Momma and Daddy! How sweet. There is nothing like having someone call you Momma and Daddy! Leslie...Noah probably doesn't like the snow as much as you do since he sees it ALL the time and we only get to see it once every ten years!! hahaha Well, enjoy your precious time with Noah and tell him how much we LOVE him! Blog ya later! Amy

Heather said...

I am crying!!! I am so excited for you guys. So what size clothes did he end up fitting in? 2T? It is so nice and warm over here so don't forget t-shirts for the trip home...he'll have not only a culture shock but climate as well. Brad has been gathering up your mail and will leave it for your parents on Friday. Trash was piked up this morning and all is well at the Housley residence. Love ya'll. Heather

Heather said...

Hey guys, I just heard from Karen. She received the forms and they are already on their way to Moscow! YAY. Everything is going to be perfect. I can't wait to hear from you guys and see the little man when he gets here.

Amy said...

Just checkin in to see if you had posted any new info.....and you have not!! your slackin' on the bloggin'! haha Can't wait to hear from ya again! Take care! Love yall! Amy

susan hicks said...

Daddy and I read your blog at 5:00 this morning. I usually read them out loud for both of us and about 2 lines in, I couldn't finish reading for crying. We are
so happy for you and Josh. Noah is going to have the best parents he could ever dreamed of. He will realize this when he gets older. I'm glad his clothes did fit. I know that was a relief. Good luck in court. Look forward to hearing from yall as soon as yall get you new son. NOAH JAMES HOUSLEY.

We Love You both,
Mama and Daddy

Jessica Farley said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't belive tomorrow isthe day ya'll have been waiting on for years. All three of you will be in my prayers tomorrow and I can't wait to hear from you. Share our love with little Noah-like their was any question you would. Be careful. love ya'll-jessica