Noah's Birthday countdown

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley
Longhorns Steakhouse

Friday, April 11, 2008

What would you take with you if there were a fire in your hotel/house?

I bet you are wodering about that bizare title hun. Well the reason is for is to tell you a story about Josh and Noah from today.
It all started about 7:00pm tonight, I was down stairs blogging and Josh and Noah were upstairs on the 20 floor in our room.Out of nowhere here comes Josh flying into the computer room where I was calmly blogging with a backpack on, the baby bag around one arm and Noah on the other arm. He was breathing heavy and looked in a terrible panic. I said what is wrond with you and laughing a little. He said did you not hear the fire alarm saying calmly exit the hotel? I said yes I heard it but it was false, they said it was false right after the "leave the building part". He said well nobody on the 20th floor heard that message, we all had to run down 20 flights of stairs because the elevators had stoppes working. I could not believe that happened to Josh, I felt so bad for him and Noah but there was nothing I could do by then.He soon went back to the elevators and they still were not working so him and Noah ended up staying here with me untill they were repaired. What a mess hun? I asked him what was in the bags over his shoulders and he said tickets to get home, money , passports, paperwork and Noah's diapers. I'm just glad he remembered to get Noah. ha ha Everything is back to normal now though so don't worry is was just a false alarm.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So sorry for the extra exercise josh!!! I'm sure you've already lost too much weight from the lack of good food and didn't need that. Thanks for the update. Only a few more days and ya'll are home for good!!!

Jessica Farley said...

OK. THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME I HAVE LAUGHED OUT LOUD. THAT WAS HILARIOUS EVEN THOUGH IT SUCKS FOR JOSH AND NOAH. LESLIE- YOU FORGOT ONE THING- HE REMEMBERED TO COME GET YOU. BE SAFE IF YOU CAN. LOVE YA'LL-JESSICA

Nikki said...

Girl...that is too scary huh? Man i bet Josh was a lil unhappy and a lil relieved all at one time. He did really good remembering all that he did though. He was a trooper-running all the way down those flights with his son in one arm and all of the necessities in the other. I guess that was the excitement for the day for both he & Noah-i bet Noah was wondering what in the world was going on.
DADDY TO THE RESCUE!
I am so relieved that it was a false alarm and all is ok. We are so glad to hear from y'all. It's nice hearing you in better spirits & able to get out and have a little fun now.
We can't wait to see ya. We miss y'all lots & love ya bunches-
Nikki & Patrick Revell