Noah's Birthday countdown

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley

Josh, Leslie and Noah Housley
Longhorns Steakhouse

Monday, October 1, 2007

We met Noah, finally!!!!!

We finally got to go meet him. We got there and had to meet with the orphanage doctor first. She told us almost everything we wanted to ask here about Noah. We were told that we had to wait for him to wake up from his afternoon nap so it may be a while, so we waited and waited. Finally the Doctor came back and said that he had awoke from his nap with a very high fever because he has had a cold since saturday. At first they said we would have to go to the room that his bed was in and look at him from afar, well I knew I was not going to leave that place without holding my baby!!!! So before we knew it the Social worker walked into the room that we were in and was giving me my child. WHOA it was Noah, right there in front of us waiting for me to take him from her. I immediatly I grabbed him from her and his little arms wrapped around my neck, as if he were waiting for us to. He was very sick and looked like he felt really bad, so we didn't hand him back and forth but a few times because I know his little body was hurting all over. He layed on my chest once we sat down with him and sat his tiny hand on my face, he would laugh everytime I would kiss his hands or he would grab my nose. He only smiled a few times but it was awesome to see. Josh got him out of my arms and held him for a little while, but as soon as Josh kissed him it startled him because of his beard and mustache, he cried so I would get him back for a little while longer. I wrapped him up in the Alabama blanket that I made for him from home, he seemed to be warm and cumffy in it. They soon told us that they were about to give him another shot for his fever and we would have to wrap things up. The hardest thing for me now is knowing that is sick and I can't be there with him. We are going back to see him first thing in the morning and if they only allow us a short amount of time again , we will get to go back in the afternoon the same day for another visit. We will let all of you know how things go , please pray for us and our little Noah.

P.S We forgot the usb cord for the camera, so all of the pics we've taken will have to be seen later. I'm glad we remembered the camera and video camera at all.

We love you and we'll talk later
Josh and Leslie Housley

8 comments:

Amy said...

Awww! I couldn't get out of bed quick enough this am to see what you had to say about Noah! I sure do hate to hear that he is sick! I bet there was nothing like holding him for the first time. Josh...shave the scruffy stuff. Give him big hugs and kisses from all of us here back in AL. Prayin' for yall! We Love yall (very much says Lindsie) Amy and Lindsie :)

Melissa said...

Bless him heart...but I'm so glad you FINALLY got to meet him! It sounds like - despite his sickness - the meeting went well. I'm so glad! Can't wait to hear more later! :)

susan hicks said...

12:00 midnight, What a great time to hear about you first grandchild. We are so glad that yall called. It broke our hearts to hear that Noah was sick. For yall to be there to comfort him will make him well sooner. I can just see him wrapped up in that Alabama blanket. I can just see the look on you and Josh's faces as yall first saw that sweet little thing. I could go on and on about all of that but your other baby (Peanut) is calling and wanting attention right now so I better go and take care of her. Give Noah a kiss from PawPaw and MawMaw. and tell him we love him very much. We love you and Josh too. Take care of each other. Can't wait to see yall and hear more about Noah. We love you Mama and Daddy

Heather said...

So excited for you guys. I hate that he is sick. I haven't been able to see the blog until now cause I've been sick too. He'll be fine especially with you guys coming around. We miss ya'll and your house is fine! Praying for ya'll. Luv you

jessica farley said...

AWESOME!! I am so excited for yall. Just think, this is the son that you will guide on how to date girls, teach him when it's o.k. to cry or when to act like a man, the son that will one day come to yall and say he has found the one, and who will hopefully give yall some little grandkids. This experience is so surreal and I'm not the one adopting a kid. Wish you well. jessica

Nikki said...

Oh my! I am just getting to the blog due to being sick myself......I am so ecsatic about the meeting going so well despite Noah not feeling well. Funny how hair on the face is unfamiliar to lil ones yet common to us. We have been praying the union would be truly a miracle between the three of you and it sounds like it was truly just that. Imagine feeling loved all at once with not one word having to be spoken. God is awesome! Can't wait to see the pics. Take care of yourselves and stay well so that Noah can get better too now that the two of you are there to nurture him back to health. Love bunches-Nikki & Patrick

Melissa said...

Alright...dying for an update, here! I tried to email you, but remembered that (I think) you created a new email address for the trip & I can't remember where it is. We are hoping & praying that everything is going well.

Heather said...

we need an update Leslie! dying for info. over here.